Money Management for Homeschool Organizations
Does your homeschool group manage their money well? Do you have a budget and know where the money is spent? Do you know how to prevent fraud? Carol Topp, CPA can help your homeschool organization with the important topic of Money Management for Homeschool Organizations.
Her book will help you with the following:
- How to manage a cash only group
- When to open a separate checking account
- Guidelines to prevent mistakes and fraud
- What software can help you keep the books
- How to prepare and read a financial statement
- Why you need a budget
- What to do when your group grows larger
A 39 page ebook covering money management for small, medium and large sized groups. Sample forms and examples of financial statements in clear English are provided. Also covered are topics such as using Quickbooks, collecting fees, creating a budget, insurance, and hiring paid teachers. All written specifically for homeschool groups.
How to Buy this Resource
Table of Contents
Money Management for a Small Group
- Cash Only
- A Checking Account
- Getting an Employer Identification Number (EIN) from the IRS
- Record keeping
Money Management for a Medium-Sized Group
- Open a Separate Checking Account
- Appoint a Treasurer
- Establish a Budget
- Bookkeeping Basics
- Using Software for Financial Records
Money Management for a Large Group
- Collecting Fees
- Computer Records
- Regular Reporting of Financial Status
Insurance for Homeschool Groups
- Types of Insurance
- Reducing Risk
- Shop Wisely for a Policy
Hiring Paid Teachers or Employees
- Can You Pay a Volunteer?
- Two Categories of Workers
- Can’t Decide? Let the IRS Help
- Employment Forms
- Practical Tips
Carol has also prepared an audio on the topic of managing a homeschool organization to help your homeschool group
- Assemble a leadership board
- Run a productive meeting
- Write bylaws that will help you organize your group
- Avoid leader burnout
- Manage the money so there is some left over
She also discusses important topics for homeschool organizations such as
- Fund raising
- Paying workers
Audio: How to Manage a Homeschool Organization: Boards, Budgets and Bylawsand accompanying handout
An hour-long audio that explains the importance of boards, budgets and bylaws in a homeschool organization. Get your group set up correctly and running smoothly. All specifically for homeschool groups.
Price: $7.00 includes pdf of slides of presentation
What Others Have Said
Wonderfully helpful. Thank you!!!
Helped me see the pitfalls in establishing a homeschool co-op.
Excellent! Articulate, well organized, informative.