Getting 501c3 tax exempt status is a great accomplishment! If you’ve done that, congratulations!
But don’t think you are done with government forms just yet! Your state and the IRS have several reports that must be filed regularly to maintain your precious tax exempt stats.
Carol Topp, CPA the HomeschoolCPA has helped over 200 homeschool organizations apply for tax exempt status. She has prepared a webinar on IRS and State Filings for Homeschool Nonprofits. Carol explains the IRS annual reports for tax exempt nonprofits and how you can know what your state requires.
You will learn:
- The importance of maintaining 501c3 tax exempt status
- The IRS Form 990 series. What form your group needs to file.
- How to know if you’ve missed filing IRS returns
- How to see Form 990-EZs and 990s from other nonprofits.
- An explanation of the IRS Form 990-N.
- What filings may be required by your state with examples
After the webinar you will be equipped to file on your own the IRS Form 990-N and state forms saving you hundreds of dollars in professional fees.
The cost of the webinar is $10. The video runs about one hour.
This webinar is the third in a series of 3 webinar to teach homeschool nonprofit leaders how to create a nonprofit, get and maintain tax exempt status. The other two webinars are:
I highly recommend you watch the first two webinars on Create a Nonprofit for Your Homeschool Community and 501c3 Application for Homeschool Nonprofits. They are both a precursor to this webinar and tells you what to do to create a nonprofit and apply for 501c3 tax exempt status.
This third webinar on IRS and State Filings for Homeschool Nonprofits is for groups that have received (or applied for) for tax exempt status with the IRS and:
- Are unsure about IRS annual returns
- Don’t know what forms their state requires from nonprofit organizations
- Do fundraisers or ask for donations
- Received a letter from the IRS or their state about missed reports
- Need to know what to do to maintain their tax exempt status
- Want to know what it takes to run a compliant nonprofit organization
- People who want to DIY the IRS and state flings but need an experienced expert to teach them how.
The webinar lasts approximately one hour.
The cost is only $10 and you will receive:
- A recording of the webinar
- Handout of the slides
- IRS Users Guide for Form 990-N
- Blank IRS Form 990-EZ and Instructions
- Template to summarize your state and IRS filing requirements
Carol Topp, CPA
Helping Homeschool Leaders maintain tax exempt status.