Has anybody ever disappointed you? Maybe you feel personally hurt by your homeschool group members.
Homeschool leader Becky Abrams leads a homeschooling co-op in Oregon. She has learned how to avoid take things personally. It takes practice, but Becky shares some tips and a very helpful mindset (involving a bus driver) that will help you overcome disappointment.
In this episode of the HomeschoolCPA podcast (16 minutes) Becky explains:
- How to deal with unmet expectations
- How to avoid taking things (like a family leaving your co-op) personally
- A great illustration about how homeschool groups are like a bus!
- How to avoid stewing on emotional issues and disappointment
- Why member might leave your homeschool group
- A helpful mindset starts with controlling our thoughts
In the podcast Carol mentioned …
Phone Consultation with Carol Topp, CPA
Do you have questions about leading your homeschool organization? Carol Topp’s website, books and this podcast are a great way to learn the basics, but maybe you need advice specific to your group. Carol Topp, CPA can arrange a private phone consultations with you and your board members.
Phone Consultation: A pre-arranged phone call to discuss your questions. My most popular service for homeschool leaders. It’s like having your own homeschool expert CPA on the phone!
We can arrange a Zoom meeting or conference call so all your board members can call in from their own homes. The call can be recorded for those unable to attend.
Contact HomeschoolCPA, Carol Topp, CPA, to arrange a telephone consultation.
Carol Topp, CPA