In this latest Dollars and Sense Show podcast from Carol Topp, she asks re homeschool parents guilty of micro managing our teenagers or being helicopter parents?
The episode is part 1 of a two-part workshop Carol presented at the Great Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati last year in this episode of the titled, “Were Not Raising Children, We’re Raising Grown Ups.”
Carol discusses the dilemma in society today of sheltering our children too much and for too long so that they are ill equipped for adult life.
Grab your handout here
Book recommendations mentioned in the podcast:
- The Self-Propelled Advantage Joanne Calderwood
- Parenting for the Launch Dennis Trittin
- Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother Amy Chua
- Setting The Records Straight Lee Binz, TheHomeScholar.com
- Phil Vischer podcast at PhilVischer.com
In Part 2 Carol shares important life skills your teenager needs to know, but are rarely covered in a textbook, such as: career choice, money management and living independently. She will share tips on how to impart important lessons in a natural way and share resources to help you raise a grown up!