I love the Facebook group I am a homeschool group leader. It’s like as support group for homeschool leaders.
Recently Kate asked,
How do you go about finding a location for your co-op? The church we had in mind wants us to rent the space (about $8000 for the ten month school year) which is not cost effective.
Here are some of the replies she received:
- Municipal recreation centers
- Try other churches
- Public libraries
- Vets halls, VFW Halls, American Legion Halls
- Homeowner clubhouses
- Boys & Girls clubs. More than one leader commented that their local Boys and Girls Clubs were used by homeschool co-op during the day.
- Places that offer after school programming. Lots of times they are empty during the day.
- Public parks with buildings.
What a great list of ideas! I’d never thought of some of them.
Where does your co-op met?