I like local!
I try to support local businesses and frequently tell tax clients in other states or cities to use a local tax professional.
How do you find a local tax professional?
Here are some tips:
- Ask friends, especially those that have small businesses, who they use for tax preparation.
- Visit Dave Ramsey.com and look for his Endorsed Local Providers-Tax Professional. https://www.daveramsey.com/elp/tax-services
- Visit Intuit ProAdvisor Find and Accountant website. https://quickbooks.intuit.com/find-an-accountant/. These professionals are experts in the popular QuickBooks accounting software and frequently are tax professionals as well.
I am no longer accepting tax clients for individual tax preparation, but I can help you with :
- Business consultations by phone, especially of you operate a homeschool business like Classical Conversations, etc.
- Nonprofit consultations by phone, especially of you are a homeschool organization or local Cincinnati nonprofit.
- Assistance with applying for 501(c)(3) tax exempt status, especially of you are a homeschool organization or local Cincinnati nonprofit.
- Filing annual IRS Form 990/990-EZ for tax exempt organizations
Please contact me via email, tell me a little about your business or nonprofit, and what questions and issues you have. We’ll see if I can help you or if you need to go local.
Carol Topp, CPA