The Old Schoolhouse magazine published an article I wrote on article I wrote on hybrid homeschool programs
Hybrid homeschool programs are a mix of education done at home and classes outsourced to:
- online classes
- a homeschool drop-off program
- a homeschool tutorial or university-model program
- classes at a local private or public school or college
In the article I discuss the popularity of hybrid programs and the challenges as well.
Then I conclude with some advice and warnings including:
- delaying hybrid classes until age junior high or older
- delaying hybrid programs until you’ve been homeschooling a year or two.
- a reminder that you can successfully homeschool without using a hybrid program!
I thought long and hard before writing that advice.
I may get some push back on my recommendations, but having seen homeschooling grow and change over the years, I’m trying hard to encourage homeschooling parents to embrace the freedom and joy that comes from educating your children–especially the young ones–yourself!
Don’t let a hybrid program steal that freedom and the joy!
Read the article here: Hybrid Homeschool Programs article
Carol Topp, CPA