Do you have an accounting background and want to help homeschoolers?
I’m Carol Topp, CPA, the HomeschoolCPA, and I’m looking to hire someone to help me.
This is a great opportunity for a homeschooling parent with an accounting background. It’s flexible, home-based, and very rewarding!
I’m looking for a subcontractor who will prepare IRS Forms 1023 and 990/990-EZ for my homeschool nonprofit clients. The completed forms will be submitted to me for review and signature. You will be an independent contractor, not an employee of Carol Topp, CPA, LLC.
You will work remotely from your home/office and chose your work hours. The hours are flexible and could be sporadic. There should not be any rush jobs. You should have several weeks to get the forms prepared, but there will be deadlines.
You will not be responsible for recruiting clients or corresponding with clients, but you are expected to keep client information confidential.
- Prepare IRS Form 1023 Application for Tax Exempt Status
- Prepare Form 990, 990-EZ Annual Information Returns for Tax Exempt Organizations
- Correspond with Carol Topp on a regular basis on the progress, data needed from the client, and questions you have.
- Become familiar with IRS and state nonprofit filing forms. This may mean taking classes on preparing these forms. These classes are your responsibility.
- Comply with federal, state, nonprofit filing requirements by studying existing and new regulations.
- Education (Bachelors degree from four-year college or university) and experience in accounting. CPA designation strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with IRS Form 1023 and 990/990-EZ either through experience or through education.
- Homeschooling experience desired.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail, deadline-oriented, confidentiality, time management
Compensation will be 50% of my fee charged to my client. The fee can be negotiated after a trial period based on experience and successful completion of preparing Forms 1023 and 990/9990-EZ in a timely and correct manner. Subcontractor will be paid when final form is delivered to Carol Topp, CPA.
Please share this information with everyone in your local homeschool group, though social networks, email and with your friends who you think might be interested.
If you’re qualified and interested in helping me, email me some information about yourself, your education and experience to Carol@HomeschoolCPA.com. We’ll set up a phone interview and discuss the job responsibilities.
Carol Topp, CPA