HomeschoolCPA, Carol Topp spoke to a group of homeschool group leaders in Texas about a good mindset and attitudes that are necessary for leading a homeschool group. In this episode Carol reminds leaders of three things they may have forgotten:
- You cannot be all things to all people-so stop trying!
- Your organization is not essential to the success of homeschooling!
- You are not responsible for homeschooling other peoples’ children!
This is the first part of a 4-part series on Tips for Homeschool Leaders, a workshop given to homeschool leaders in Austin, Texas in February 2020.
In the 4 part podcast series Carol discusses:
- Episode #203 Leader mindset and attitudes
- Episode # 204 What do the duties of care and loyalty look like?
- Episode # 205 The duty of compliance with the laws for nonprofit organizations
- Episode #206 Managing records and finances in you homeschool group
Each episode can be found at HomeschoolCPA.com/Podcast.
Handout of the workshop: https://homeschoolcpa.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Top-Tips-Handout-2020.docx
During the podcast Carol mentioned the I am a Homeschool Group Leader Facebook group. Please join us! https://www.facebook.com/groups/72534255742/