Have you heard that applying for 501c3 tax exempt status is difficult, time consuming and expensive? Well, it can be, so Carol Topp, CPA the HomeschoolCPA wants to make applying for 501c3 tax exempt status a lot easier for you!
So easy, you can do it yourself!
In this webinar 501c3 Application for Homeschool Nonprofits Carol shares her tips and secrets to apply for 501c3 tax exempt status with the IRS.
You will learn:
- The difference between nonprofit and tax exempt status. They are not the same thing!
- The different types of 501c organizations there are and which are most common for homeschool groups
- The pros and cons of tax exempt status
- How you could avoid applying at all, yet still get all the advantages of 501c3 status
- What is needed before applying for tax exempt status
- The cost and steps to take
- An explanation of the IRS Form 1023-EZ line-by-line. This is the crux of the webinar and will help you prepare your own 501c3 application!
- Tips on filing the IRS Form 1023-EZ from Carol’s experience of filing over 90 applications!
- What filings may be required by your state (in addition to the IRS)
After the webinar you will be equipped to file on your own the IRS Form 1023-EZ, saving you hundreds of dollars for professional help.
Watch a preview:
The cost is $25. The webinar runs approximately 1.75 hours.
What you get for $25:
- Access to the webinar recording
- Handout of webinar slides
- Sample Form 1023-EZ for your reference
- ebook The IRS and Your Homeschool Organization by Carol Topp, CPA
This is the second part of a 3-part webinar series
The first webinar is Create A Nonprofit for Your Homeschool Community. I highly recommended to watch this webinar first, if you haven’t done so already!
The final webinar is IRS and State Filings for Homeschool Nonprofits
Carol Topp, CPA