Are you a people pleaser? Alicia Strunkel, a homeschool leader form Georgia, is, but after 11 years of leading homeschool groups, she has learned how to deal with opposition.
Alicia explains to host Carol Topp how she has learned to deal with her feeling when people are upset with her decisions.
In this episode of the HomeschoolCPA podcast (10 minutes), Alicia shares some tips including:
- Putting your feelings aside
- Look at the situation objectively
- Look at the bigger picture
- Ask yourself “What can I learn?”
- Focus on your group’s purpose
In the podcast Carol mentioned …
In the podcast Alicia mentioned your group’s purpose and vision.
Does your homeschool group have a mission statement and a clear purpose?
Do you board members know it?
Carol Topp’s Homeschool Organization Board Manual Can be a big help in writing a purpose and mission statement to run your homeschool organization successfully!
Author and homeschool advisor, Carol Topp, CPA, has created a Homeschool Organization Board Manual. It is a template to create a board member binder. It has:
- A list of important documents to keep in your binder
- Section dividers so you can organize the important papers
- Tools to help you run your meetings smoothly including
- A sample agenda that you can use over and over again
- A calendar of board meetings
But this is more than just a few cover sheets for your binder. It is also a 55-page board training manual with helpful articles on:
- Suggested Board Meeting Topic List
- Board Duties
- Job Descriptions for Board of Directors
- What Belongs in the Bylaws?
- Compensation and Benefits for Board Members
- Best Financial Practices Checklist
- How to Read and Understand Financial Statements
- Developing a Child Protection Policy
Carol Topp, CPA