Form 1099-MISC is due Jan 31!

Did you know there are some tax forms to file before April 15? There are if you are a homeschool business owner or homeschool nonprofit that paid anyone more than $600 in a calendar year.

I’m talking about the IRS Form 1099-MISC that is given to Independent Contractors paid more than $600 by your homeschool business or group.

In today’s podcast (10 minutes), I answer a question from a new Classical Conversations director who asks, “Do I need to give Classical Conversations a 1099-MISC for the licensing fees I paid to them?”

Listen to the podcast  for Carol’s reply.

In the podcast Carol mentioned (affiliate link) as the online service she uses to file Form 1099-MISC.

Yearli by Greatland is the best way for businesses to file 1099-MISC and W-2  forms. Best of all, if you use my Yearli referral link, you receive a 15% discount and I get a small referral fee.

In the podcast I mentioned my paying teachers or tutors of others in a homeschool business or nonprofit organization. My book, Paying Workers in a Homeschool Organization has more information about paying Independent Contractors and employees.

Paying Workers in a Homeschool Organization

Are you paying workers in your homeschool organization?

  • Can a volunteer be paid?
  • Should a worker be treated as an employee or independent contractor?
  • Do you know the difference?

Homeschool leader and CPA, Carol Topp, has the answers to your questions in her book Paying Workers in a Homeschool Organization.

This 130 page book covers paying workers as employees or independent contractors. There are also chapters on paying volunteers and board members. It includes sample forms, tips and advice to help you pay workers in accordance with the IRS laws to help your organization pay their workers correctly. Written specifically for homeschool organizations.



Leave a Reply