Are your homeschool co-op members happy and thankful? Or maybe they are complaining to you. Can that be changed?
In this short podcast episode (14 minutes) Carol Topp, the HomeschoolCPA, interviews homeschool leader Becky Abrams who started and leads a homeschool co-op in Oregon.
In this episode of the HomeschoolCPA podcast Becky explains:
- How she went about finding help
- How her co-op’s board came together
- How to have happy and thankful co-op members!
- How Becky invited new board members to join the leadership team
- How to let co-op members have a voice
In the podcast Carol mentioned …
Help your homeschool group get organized and run smoothly!
Author and homeschool advisor, Carol Topp, CPA, has created a Homeschool Organization Board Manual. It is a template to create a board member binder. It has:
- A list of important documents to keep in your binder
- Section dividers so you can organize the important papers
- Tools to help you run your meetings smoothly including
- A sample agenda that you can use over and over again
- A calendar of board meetings
But this is more than just a few cover sheets for your binder. It is also a 55-page board training manual with helpful articles on:
- Suggested Board Meeting Topic List
- Board Duties
- Job Descriptions for Board of Directors
- What Belongs in the Bylaws?
- Compensation and Benefits for Board Members
- Best Financial Practices Checklist
- How to Read and Understand Financial Statements
- Developing a Child Protection Policy
Read more about the Homeschool Organization Board Manual
Carol Topp, CPA