Your homeschool group can have tax exempt status without applying with the IRS.
Want to know how?
In this short podcast, Carol Topp, CPA, the HomeschoolCPA, tells you how to self declare tax exempt status, keep all of your surplus for your group and not pay the IRS.
Listen to the podcast (15 minutes)
FEATURED PRODUCT from HomeschoolCPA:
The IRS and Your Homeschool Organization
Does your homeschool group need to pay taxes? Could they avoid paying taxes by being a 501c3 tax exempt organization? Do you know the pros and cons of 501c3 status? Do you know what 501c3 status could mean for your homeschool group? I have the answers for you in my book The IRS and Your Homeschool Organization. The information I share in my book has been helpful to homeschool support groups, co-ops, music and sports groups and will help you understand:
- The benefits of 501c3 status
- The disadvantages too!
- What it takes to make the IRS happy
- What your state requires
- Why your organization should consider becoming a nonprofit corporation
- What is the difference between nonprofit incorporation and tax exemption
- IRS requirements after you are tax exempt