Most homeschool leaders know that they need to report annually to the IRS, but did you know that there are probably filings to do in your state every year? Carol Topp, the HomeschoolCPA, discusses the most common state reports that homeschool nonprofit organizations need to file.
Webinar on IRS and State Flings for Homeschool Nonprofits
Getting 501c3 tax exempt status is a great accomplishment! If you’ve done that, congratulations!
But don’t think you are done with government forms just yet! Your state and the IRS have several reports that must be filed regularly to maintain your precious tax exempt stats.
Carol Topp, CPA the HomeschoolCPA has helped over 100 homeschool organizations apply for tax exempt status. She has prepared a webinar on IRS and State Filings for Homeschool Nonprofits. Carol explains the IRS annual reports for tax exempt nonprofits and how you can know what your state requires.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The importance of maintaining 501c3 tax exempt status
- The IRS Form 990 series. What form your group needs to file.
- How to know if you’ve missed filing IRS returns
- How to see Form 990-EZs and 990s from other nonprofits.
- An explanation of the IRS Form 990-N.
- What filings may be required by your state with examples