Carol Topp, CPA, the HomeschoolCPA, will share tips on important issues that homeschool leaders may not know about.
This episode will focus on helping homeschool leaders understand nonprofit status for their groups. What does it take to be a nonprofit? Only two things! Did you know that nonprofit status is not the same thing as tax exempt status?
Does your homeschool group need to pay taxes?
Could they avoid paying taxes by being a 501c3 tax exempt organization? Do you know the pros and cons of 501c3 status? Do you know what 501c3 status could mean for your homeschool group?
I have the answers for you in my book The IRS and Your Homeschool Organization. The information I share in my book has been helpful to homeschool support groups, co-ops, music and sports groups and will help you understand:
- The benefits of 501c3 status
- The disadvantages too!
- What it takes to make the IRS happy
- What your state requires
- Why your organization should consider becoming a nonprofit corporation
- What is the difference between nonprofit incorporation and tax exemption
- IRS requirements after you are tax exempt
Click Here to request more information!
Carol Topp, CPA
Helping homeschool leaders with legal and tax issues