On June 1, 2020, Carol Topp of HomeschoolCPA.com hosted a webinar titled Planning an Uncertain Future for homeschool group leaders. The purpose of the webinar was to help homeschool groups plan their fall activities given the COVID-19 pandemic was making it uncertain if they could operate.
The webinar is available to watch on YouTube at no charge. https://youtu.be/AaQ1c_XuUvY? It runs for one hour 38 minutes! This podcast will air the highlights in smaller chunks over six episodes.
Join this episode and the next five episodes as Carol and three panelists discuss:
- Part 1: Making decisions as a board or team
- Part 2: Tools a homeschool group can use for planning an uncertain future
- Part 3: How are the panelists dealing with social distancing rules and wearing masks
- Part 4: Questions regarding lawsuits, health restrictions, and accommodating new families
- Part 5: How to communicate the plan to the members
- Part 6: Using Zoom, offering refunds and other topics.
During the podcast Carol mentioned the I am a Homeschool Group Leader Facebook group. Please join us! https://www.facebook.com/groups/72534255742/
The Board Manual for homeschool organizations will be very helpful to organize your board and run your homeschool organization successfully!
Author and homeschool advisor, Carol Topp, CPA, has created a Homeschool Organization Board Manual. It is a template to create a board member binder. It has:
- A list of important documents to keep in your binder
- Section dividers so you can organize the important papers
- Tools to help you run your meetings smoothly including
- A sample agenda that you can use over and over again
- A calendar of board meetings
But this is more than just a few cover sheets for your binder. It is also a 55-page board training manual with helpful articles on:
- Suggested Board Meeting Topic List
- Board Duties
- Job Descriptions for Board of Directors
- What Belongs in the Bylaws?
- Compensation and Benefits for Board Members
- Best Financial Practices Checklist
- How to Read and Understand Financial Statements
- Developing a Child Protection Policy