Do you wonder if your homeschool group leadership team is too large or too small? What is the best size to be?
In this short podcast episode (17 minutes) Carol Topp, the HomeschoolCPA, interviews homeschool leader Angela Weaver. Angela leads a large group in Lynchburg, Virginia and she shares advice on many topics including:
- The perfect size of a board: large or small?
- Having teams and committees plan events so the board isn’t doing everything
- How to improve communication on a board
- Having homeschool dads on the board
- Is an odd number of board members essential?
- What is the board president’s job? Is it to do everything?
Angela had so much experience, that it takes three episodes and this is the second of three parts!
Here is more wisdom from Angela Weaver:
Boards, Burnout and Bylaws: Leadership Tips from a Homeschool Leader
How Can Your Homeschool Group Feel Like a Community?
In the podcast Carol mentioned the I Am a Homeschool Group Leader Facebook Group. It is a closed group (meaning you have to request to join) of 530 homeschool leaders from across the USA. You can join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/72534255742/
Help your homeschool group get organized and run smoothly!
Author and homeschool advisor, Carol Topp, CPA, has created a Homeschool Organization Board Manual. It is a template to create a board member binder. It has:
- A list of important documents to keep in your binder
- Section dividers so you can organize the important papers
- Tools to help you run your meetings smoothly including
- A sample agenda that you can use over and over again
- A calendar of board meetings
But this is more than just a few cover sheets for your binder. It is also a 55-page board training manual with helpful articles on:
- Suggested Board Meeting Topic List
- Board Duties
- Job Descriptions for Board of Directors
- What Belongs in the Bylaws?
- Compensation and Benefits for Board Members
- Best Financial Practices Checklist
- How to Read and Understand Financial Statements
- Developing a Child Protection Policy
Read more about the Homeschool Organization Board Manual
Carol Topp, CPA