What can you do to protect your homeschool group’s leaders?
Does becoming a 501c3 organization help?
In this short podcast episode (12 minutes) Carol Topp, the HomeschoolCPA, will explains what 501c3 status is and how to protect your leaders.
In the show Carol mentioned a Facebook group called I Am a Homeschool Group Leader
She also mentioned some policies for your group to have from HSLDA: https://www.hslda.org/GroupServices/Leaders.aspx/Legal
The IRS and Your Homeschool Organization book.
The information in this book has been helpful to homeschool support groups, co-ops, music and sports groups to understand:
- The benefits of 501c3 status
- The disadvantages too!
- What it takes to make the IRS happy
- Why your organization should consider becoming a nonprofit corporation
- What is the difference between nonprofit incorporation and tax exemption
- IRS requirements after you are tax exempt
Carol Topp, CPA