Homeschool leader Amanda Shafer is a woman of many talents. After first serving as her board secretary, she is now switching to serving as their treasurer!
In this short podcast episode (12 minutes) Carol Topp, the HomeschoolCPA, and Amanda will discuss:
- What a homeschool organization’s secretary does
- Some tips for registering families for co-op classes
- Some useful tools she uses to send out newsletters and emails.
- How online registration helped her co-op
- What board minutes should look like
- How to run an effective board meeting
In the podcast Carol mentioned …
Does your homeschool board know and understand its duties?
Author and homeschool advisor, Carol Topp, CPA, has created a Homeschool Organization Board Manual. It is a template to create a board member binder. It has:
- A list of important documents to keep in your binder
- Section dividers so you can organize the important papers
- Tools to help you run your meetings smoothly including
- A sample agenda that you can use over and over again
- A calendar of board meetings
But this is more than just a few cover sheets for your binder. It is also a 55-page board training manual with helpful articles on:
- Suggested Board Meeting Topic List
- Board Duties
- Job Descriptions for Board of Directors
- What Belongs in the Bylaws?
- Compensation and Benefits for Board Members
- Best Financial Practices Checklist
- How to Read and Understand Financial Statements
- Developing a Child Protection Policy
Read more about the Homeschool Organization Board Manual
Carol Topp, CPA