Have questions about tax exempt status for your homeschool group?
This short podcast episode (16 minutes) from Carol Topp, the HomeschoolCPA, is an excerpt from the Indiana Homeschool Leaders Retreat. Carol Topp discusses tax exempt status and answers questions from homeschool leaders about self-declaring tax exempt status for your homeschool support group.
In the podcast I mentioned my book
Does your homeschool group need to pay taxes? Could they avoid paying taxes by being a 501c3 tax exempt organization? Do you know the pros and cons of 501c3 status? Do you know what 501c3 status could mean for your homeschool group?
I have the answers for you in my book The IRS and Your Homeschool Organization. The information I share in my book has been helpful to homeschool support groups, co-ops, music and sports groups and will help you understand:
- The benefits of 501c3 status
- The disadvantages too!
- What it takes to make the IRS happy
- What your state requires
- Why your organization should consider becoming a nonprofit corporation
- What is the difference between nonprofit incorporation and tax exemption
- IRS requirements after you are tax exempt
Carol Topp, CPA