Three homeschool leaders discuss the challenges of social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
In June 2020, Carol Topp of HomeschoolCPA.com hosted a webinar titled Planning an Uncertain Future for homeschool group leaders. The purpose of the webinar was to help homeschool groups plan their fall activities given the COVID-19 pandemic was making it uncertain of they could operate. This podcast will air the highlights in small chunks over six episodes.
Join this episode and the other episodes as Carol and three panelists discuss:
- Part 1: Making decisions as a board or team
- Part 2: Tools a homeschool group can use for planning an uncertain future
- Part 3: Dealing with social distancing rules and wearing masks
- Part 4: Questions regarding lawsuits, health restrictions, and accommodating new families
- Part 5: How to communicate the plan to the members
- Part 6: Using Zoom, offering refunds and other topics.
The webinar is available to watch on YouTube at no charge. https://youtu.be/AaQ1c_XuUvY? It runs for one hour 38 minutes! This podcast will air the highlights in smaller chunks over six episodes.
During the podcast Carol mentioned:
- Criteria to consider
when social distancing: “From Camping To Dining Out: Here’s How Experts Rate
The Risks Of 14 Summer Activities”
www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/ May 23, 2020
- For the RegFox discount Amanda mentioned, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The I am a Homeschool Group Leader Facebook group. Please join us! https://www.facebook.com/groups/72534255742/
Books for Homeschool Leaders
HomeschoolCPA has several books to help leaders start and run a homeschool program
- Homeschool Co-ops: How to Start Them, Run Them and Not Burn Out
- Money Management for Homeschool Organizations
- The IRS and Your Homeschool Organization
- Paying Workers in a Homeschool Organization
- Homeschool Board Member Manual
- Taxes for Homeschool Business Owners
All these books can be found at https://homeschoolcpa.com/bookstore/